Antique Furniture/Sideboard or Buffet

I am trying to find some information on this sideboard. The only markings on it is stamped on the back, No 245 BUFFET. It has two drawers and two doors. I believe someone painted the white part on the drawers and doors. The dovetail is much tighter fitted than what you find now. It was given to me years ago by someone who wanted more room in their home. I planned to give it away but decided I would like to find out something about it. Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.

it is a 1920s sideboard in the jacobean style.  probably walnut veneer.  the painted parts would have been a different and more decorative veneer.  hardware has been changed.

there were and are a lot of this style available in good condition so selling would probably not be quick.  

when in this condition these sell better if painted to what is called, and i hate this term, 'shabby chic'.  then it woudl sell in an antiques mall around 225-350 depending on how well it was done.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.