Antique Furniture/Walnut dresser

Walnut Dresser
Walnut Dresser  

Walnut dresser
Walnut dresser  
Hello, I recently purchased this dresser at a sale.  I was going to refinish it, but wanted to know if it is of more value if I leave it alone.  It has no makers markings, but is stamped WALNUT 2921 on the back.  I read it is possibly from the 1930's.  The raised center really caught my eye.  Thank you.

my question would be why refinish it, it looks like it should. and looks good with the original finish. buy toluene free briwax in a dark walnut color and spend a few hours cleaning and waxing after you remove the hardware.

nice looking colonial revival piece from around 1910-15 in walnut veneer and bleached mahogany or India mahogany veneer on the shield.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.