Antique Furniture/Antique oak chest

oak chest 1
oak chest 1  

oak chest 2
oak chest 2  
Hi Mr Klein - I purchased this really nice looking oak chest at an estate sale recently. It has stamped on the back of it: ANT178 and QU297H. The handles on the 2 drawers are stamped 296. It has Acme ball bearing casters which are not shown in the photo as it sits on the carpet better without them. It stands 29" high, 35" wide and is 18 1/2" deep. Would you advise the age, manufacturer, and value please?
Thank you,

without a label there is no way anyone can determine which of 5000 companies manufactured this back then.  1890-1900

it is a good looking piece, looks well made and certainly has a lot of characteristics to support this.  doors, pilasters, raised panel carving...

i would sell this in my shop at 550-650

good that you removed castors.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.