Antique Furniture/Antique oak chest

Question
oak chest 1
oak chest 1  

oak chest 2
oak chest 2  
Hi Mr Klein - I purchased this really nice looking oak chest at an estate sale recently. It has stamped on the back of it: ANT178 and QU297H. The handles on the 2 drawers are stamped 296. It has Acme ball bearing casters which are not shown in the photo as it sits on the carpet better without them. It stands 29" high, 35" wide and is 18 1/2" deep. Would you advise the age, manufacturer, and value please?
Thank you,
Larry

Answer
without a label there is no way anyone can determine which of 5000 companies manufactured this back then.  1890-1900

it is a good looking piece, looks well made and certainly has a lot of characteristics to support this.  doors, pilasters, raised panel carving...

i would sell this in my shop at 550-650

good that you removed castors.

Antique Furniture

robert klein