Antique Furniture/Conant Ball Dining Room Table

Conat Ball Mark
Conat Ball Mark  
Dining Table
Dining Table  
QUESTION: I recently purchased this round dining room table. It came with two leaves as well. It is marked with Conant Ball on the bottom. All the pieces I have found online have straight legs. Can you identify the wood, style, age, and if the legs are original to the piece?

ANSWER: danish modern style around 1950-60

wood looks like birch probably russell wright design rather than leslie diamond

the legs are original but are just a more upscale line of table, more expensive, more stylish.

you should be able to find chairs in the same form.

QUESTION: I forgot to ask. How much to you think the table is? And do you know where I would be able to find those chairs?

Thank you so much.

you will have to look everywhere for the chairs but they can be found.  you dont want to put a sesser quality chair with this fine table.

table would retail, with the leaves at 6-750.  if the surfaces are good.  more x2 in areas where mid century is hot.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.