Antique Furniture/dining room table and buffet

I would like to know the value of the dining room table with 6 chairs and matching buffet. All are paper stamped with Special Furniture, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thank you.

Hi Judy,

Back in the 1920's, the Grand Rapids furniture companies and New York state makers as well could not turn out this style of furniture fast enough, in the Jacobean style.

Today however, it has become a drug on the market since most of the new breed of buyers prefer
the cleaner, more simplified lines of furniture, leaving this style to go begging.

Realistically, I value the buffet at $175-200, table $250-300-, chairs at $25.-35. each.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.