Antique Furniture/ferguson furniture ferguson furniture

dressing screen
dressing screen  
I recently purchased what i would call a dressing screen with the Ferguson co Hoboken NJ name plate on it. It is a wood frame with silk inlaid panels. The piece is numbered 4206. It is in very good condition. I am trying to find information on the piece and a possible value but have had no luck. Could you help?

Hi Michael,

I date your Ferguson Dressing Screen to the late forties to nineteen fifties.

Since it is not what I would consider highly decorative, what decorators look
for, I place a value of $250. to $350. on it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.