Antique Furniture/Mahogany Duncan Phyfe China Cabinet value

Duncan Phyfe
Duncan Phyfe  
I have a Mahogany Duncan Phyfe China Cabinet with Secretary and am interested in its value.  I don't know the year it was made.  Can someone help me identify a value range?  Pls and thank you!!

Hi Lynn,

I am not sure why you are referring to the breakfront as being Duncan Phyfe, when it
is in the Georgian style, predating the Duncan Phyfe period.

what I am able to make out from the bad photo is that the breakfront is of a low
quality and I can not make out if the finish is compromised.  Based on what I
am able to see I value the piece from $150. to $200.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.