Antique Furniture/Nichols & Stone Rocker

Question
Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  
Dear Robert.

Sending additional photos to you directly. The is a Nichols & Stone chair I've had for 4 years or so; I think itís mahoghany but not sure. If possible, could you advise me regarding (1) When it was made (2) specific rocker style itís called (3) wood type (4) approximate value.

As always, I sincerely appreciate you assistance.

Thanks much.

Answer
wood is birch stained mahogany color.
the paper label is missing as you can see and that would have been a huge clue in dating since NS repeated the designs for 2-3 decades and the branded logo was used for seveal as well.

my best guess is it is from the 1900-1920s.  i say this because that color was used heavily then and the clore is under where the label was.  that it is two toned under the label tells me that the label was loose for a while then came off.

the turning on the legs is called beehive turning or stacked rings.

this is their boston rocker.

Antique Furniture

robert klein