Antique Furniture/question about card table

Good morning!  I found this little table at Goodwill this morning. It is a half-round table, but the legs spread out, and the top opens to a full circle shape.  It is marked with a black stencil under the bottom, from WF MFG Co, Warsaw KY.  Stamped in the wood, is the number 585.

At the top of each leg is a wood inlay of a Grecian Urn, and down each leg are inlaid 4 flower shapes descending in size.  

All the veneer and inlay are in good condition, no chips or anything.  It looks as if it has all the original hardware.

Should I just try to polish this up, or look at refinishing the piece?  It is very cute.  Thank you!

It looks like you found an attractive table in the Hepplewhite style with lovely string inlay

I would not attempt to try and refinishing the table because you will run into serious issues
with all of the inlay work. When pieces like your were first made they would have used an artist pin striping brush to carefully clear coat the inlays or else in the re-staining process
you will effect the inlay work,turning it dark and thus ruining the piece.

Good luck with your project.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.