Antique Furniture/Shield Chair information

Question
Entire Chair
Entire Chair  

Chair - back
Chair - back  
Can you help me with any information about this shield chair?  There are no markings or names on the bottom.  The seat was damage and has been replaced.   

The only reference I have been able to find is that is could be a Lincoln Drape?

Thank you,
Mary Beth

Answer
This style, made in the 1920-40s most likely are Hepplewhite/Sheraton in style first made in the late 1700s early 1800s.

I will assume the legs are a square taper. the fleur de lis and drape are on the high styles ones.

I cannot see the wood grain clearly but these will be either mahogany, sweet gum or a combination of both.

using the follow up function to post a close clear picture of the wood grain will help.

Antique Furniture

robert klein