Antique Furniture/Sideboard and china cabinet

China cabinet
China cabinet  
Hello, these 2 pieces of furniture were my grandmother's. We are considering selling them. Would you please identify them and estimate their value individually? Thank you.

Hi Bree,

The sideboard or buffet was most likely made in the 1920's in the Jacobean style.
Not a desirable piece in todays world with a value range of $300 -  $375.

Your second item appears to be a 1940's mahogany breakfront in the typical English
style with a value of $400 - $500.

It should be noted that in the past couple of years pieces like these have experienced
a downward value in the marketplace. The reasoning is that as older owners are in a
sell off mode, while younger buyers are not there at the same rate to become the next
curators. It's mid-century modern that is their cup of tea!

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.