Antique Furniture/Sideboard and china cabinet

Question
Sideboard
Sideboard  

China cabinet
China cabinet  
Hello, these 2 pieces of furniture were my grandmother's. We are considering selling them. Would you please identify them and estimate their value individually? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Bree,

The sideboard or buffet was most likely made in the 1920's in the Jacobean style.
Not a desirable piece in todays world with a value range of $300 -  $375.

Your second item appears to be a 1940's mahogany breakfront in the typical English
style with a value of $400 - $500.

It should be noted that in the past couple of years pieces like these have experienced
a downward value in the marketplace. The reasoning is that as older owners are in a
sell off mode, while younger buyers are not there at the same rate to become the next
curators. It's mid-century modern that is their cup of tea!

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III