Antique Furniture/Sligh Desk

Sligh desk
Sligh desk  

Close up of Sligh desk drawer
Close up of Sligh desk  
Hello, I am interested in more information regarding this desk marked as Sligh in the drawer. Could you provide an approximate age, value  and also do you think the chair was originally part of the set?  Location would be Grand Rapids, Michigan.  

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

desk is called colonial revival style lmade in the 1910-20 era.  nice original painted decoration.  depending on the conditon of the surfaces, retail about 450 in a shop of course insurance repalcement value is higher.

chair would have been added and is not of the same high quality.

use only furniture paste wax like toluene free Briwax on this , no oils.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.