Antique Furniture/Two Thrift Store Chairs

Side of chair
Side of chair  
I recently found two chairs at a thrift store and was curious about any information there is on these pieces. Both chairs have identical frames except one seems slightly bigger. There are no markings on either chair that I can find.

These are birch wood stained to a mahogany color as was done in the 1900-1920 period.

they are considered empire revival in style and were part of a set.  Ladies chair gents chair and maybe a loveseat and rocker at one time.

many manufacturers made this style so without a label there is no way to tell which one.

toluene free Briwax in the antique mahogany color will be the thing to put on them.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.