Antique Furniture/Trash or Treasure?

I inherited an antique dining room set, which has been passed around for a few generations. After cross country travel and several  moves, it is a bit worn, but still in solid condition. I think from the size and weight of it, that the set is not just a reproduction.  I've looked up other pieces that look like it and I would guess that it is American made, Jacobean?  The table is a draw leaf style, when fully extended it measures 92"X40" and stands 30.5" high.  The buffet is 66"X20.5" and stand 36" high.  There are six chairs, two of which have arms.  I looked for any designer markings, and have only been able to find large numbers written under each piece.  I'm hoping you might be able to help me date the set, and determine whether it holds any value in its inperfect state.  Because of its size, I am considering getting rid of it. Is that a mistake? Help!

sort of a mix between jacobean and william and mary styles.  w&m had the trumprt shaped turning on the legs.  manufactured in the 1920s.

without knowing the condition better let me say this, there is a difference between abused condition and normal wear.  considering normal wear chairs, 45 each, table 400, sideboard 350-400 retail in a shop as is.

there are lots of this style out there however yours is not the standard grade, say 6.5 out of 10, which is good.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.