Antique Furniture/Union Furniture Co. secretaries desk

inside panel
inside panel  
I just bought a secretaries desk the has a label reading Union furniture Co. Rockford Ill. It is quit elaborate and detailed. Just wondering if I could get a little more information on the desk at what it is worth.

Hello Sharon,

Your Secretary Desk was made in the 1920's.  In today's world it is not a piece of furniture that many people would gravitate towards.

Since it is a mass-produced piece that was built to a price point and not to a quality standard
and with condition issues, I value it at $325. - $375.

I have attached a photo of a similar style of desk, of exceedingly superior form, built to the highest fidelity, so you can see what a better example looks like and would be of far greater interest to a buyer in a limited market.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.