Antique Furniture/Victorian style sofa

Sofa whole
Sofa whole  

Wood detail
Wood detail  
Hi! I recently acquired this sofa and would like to know more about it. If you have any knowledge or input I would truly appreciate it. It seems to be reupholstered, and I can not find any markings that would suggest a manufacturer. Thank you for your time!

1910-1925 in the french style.

it may have been reupholstered but was done in the same type of fabric as original.

looks like one i did many years ago for a shop in jefferson texas.  very hard wood with little grain.

most manufacturers did not mark, if it is then it may be on the inside of the seat rail covered up.

these are machine and hand carved.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.