Antique Furniture/W. F. MFG. Dresser and Vanity

We recently purchased a matching dresser and vanity set. I am including one picture of the stamp and one of the top of the vanity. There is a mirror that goes with the vanity as well it is just not attached in the picture. We were thinking of sanding this down and refinishing it but saw the stamp. We thought it might de-value them if we refinished them, so we wanted to ask first! They are stamped W. F. MFG. Co. 4806. Thank You for your time and consideration.

warsaw furniture manufacturing company in warsaw kentucky

do not sand this down.  if you are going to refinish then use a chemical stripper, methylene chloride based, to remove the existing coating.

then gently wipe with sandpaper, stain and coat with lacquer, shellac or wax.

these were made in the 1930s and are called waterfall in style by many people.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.