Antique Furniture/W. F. MFG. Dresser and Vanity

Question
Stamp
Stamp  

Vanity
Vanity  
We recently purchased a matching dresser and vanity set. I am including one picture of the stamp and one of the top of the vanity. There is a mirror that goes with the vanity as well it is just not attached in the picture. We were thinking of sanding this down and refinishing it but saw the stamp. We thought it might de-value them if we refinished them, so we wanted to ask first! They are stamped W. F. MFG. Co. 4806. Thank You for your time and consideration.

Answer
warsaw furniture manufacturing company in warsaw kentucky

do not sand this down.  if you are going to refinish then use a chemical stripper, methylene chloride based, to remove the existing coating.

then gently wipe with sandpaper, stain and coat with lacquer, shellac or wax.

these were made in the 1930s and are called waterfall in style by many people.

Antique Furniture

robert klein