Antique Furniture/worth restoring?

Question
desk1
desk1  

desk 2
desk 2  
Hi! I found this desk at a thrift store. Its covered in scratches and im just wondering if it would be worth anything if i restore it. There is a yellow sticker underneath that says zangerle tables with zangerle and peterson Chicago in smaller print. The number 863is  painted into the wood. It is leather top and I think oak, but the leather has a couple scratches as well as lots of scratches on the wood. If you need more pictures I would be happy to send them. Thanks a ton!

Answer
not oak, good company, probably mahogany or sweet gum stained mahogany.

buy antique mahogany color toluene free Briwax and wax the desk before getting agressive on the finish.  do leather as well.  then lets see what you have.  touching up the leather is a job best left to the pros but the wax will only help.

cleaned up and waxed it would sell around 350 in a store.

after you are done repost a picture  

Antique Furniture

robert klein