Antique Furniture/Antique wash stand/ commode

Question
wash stand/ commode
wash stand/ commode  
I bought this wash stand/ commode from an auction. I thought it was really neat but am trying to figure out just how old it is and if it could have any value. Would you have any idea?

Answer
Dear Eileen,

As a person who has participated in the auction process for the past 40 years I can tell you
that what may appear to be of value is not always the case.

My recommendation to anyone that is going to an auction with the intention to purchase for resale, you really need to be aware of not only values but more importantly what the interest level is in the marketplace.

Understanding the marketplace is very important if you are trying to make a profit.

My evaluation of the washstand is that it is very crude and will not appeal to many buyers.
I place a value of $25. to $50. on the piece.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III