Antique Furniture/Berkey & Gay Furniture

China Cabinet
China Cabinet  

I have several pieces of Berkey & Gay furniture, all marked with the brass emblems.  Attached are two photos, but I can provide additional pics of each piece.  Included in the pieces are:  buffet, china cabinet, dining table with 3 leaves and 6 dining chairs (one arm chair); half-round table cabinet, mirror, small bookcase, marble-topped table; 1 bedroom suite with full bed (headboard & footboard), woman's vanity w/mirror & rectangular stool, man's waist-ht vanity w/mirror, 57" armoire, and nightstand w/1 drawer; 2nd bedroom suite w/full bed (headboard & footboard), woman's vanity w/mirror & rectangular stool, 52" armoire, and nightstand w/1 drawer.  All pieces are in amazing condition.  These pieces were purchased by grandparents who were married in 1913; we believe these date back to about 1920, or perhaps a little later.  I would like to know the style, and your estimate in today's market if at all possible.  Thank you for your time.

I can only tell you about what I can see.  please use the followup function to post pictures of other items.  this way the post will all be on one page.

items were manufactured in the 1920s, this jacobean style was popular and made in huge numbers at that time by many companies.  B and G was one of the top three large companies in Grand Rapids along with Phoenix and nelson madder.

a fair market value in a decent store for the two items pictured would be around 850-1200 each.  depends on the point of sale.  insurance replacement value triple that.  

excellent and high styled set.  keep the pictures comming  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.