Antique Furniture/Bernhardt dinning room set

Question
buffet
buffet  

chest
chest  
Can not seem to find anyone that can tell me how old this set is. is a cocomplet set down to the red felt(just was covered).I know it's been in my family for at least 70 years and its stamped with a black stamp of 514,could you please help me out.

Answer
Hi Laurel,

What you are looking for as to a date for your pieces is approximately the 1920's.

The Jacobean style was all the rage back then and most furniture companies were
producing this style until the 1930's when Colonial Revival became the trend.

As well built as it is, it is difficult to sell in todays marketplace. I value each
piece at $200.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III