Antique Furniture/f.e.Coombs side table

Question
Coombe
Coombe  
QUESTION: Good Afternoon, I have a side table that is my mums, would like to know the approx.value, I have tried to find out some more information on the Coombe Furniture Company, but haven't had much luck.

Thank you, Much appreciated

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post a picture of the label.

Coombe drawer
Coombe drawer  
QUESTION: thank you for your response, here is the picture of the label on the bottom of one of the drawers.

Thank you once again.

Answer
Thanks for the picture:

wood in the drawer fronts is a very striking tiger maple, the rest may also be maple or could be a cherry.  I have seen these with wood knobs also.

In a vintage or resale shop and in antique malls, because of the form and wood this would sell around 300.  

since they used this name on the label starting in 1963 then closed in 1972 that gives us a very tight window of the date of manufacturer.  

here is some info from my files:

The name changed to Coombe Furniture Factory Company Limited in 1963. During peak times there were 75 to 80 employees at the company. The F.E. Coombe Company made high quality wooden period furniture and upholstered furniture. Most of the wood was imported from the United States, Africa and the West Indies. Marble for table tops was at one time imported from Spain. This Spanish marble was very attractive but often arrived broken so Portuguese Marble was imported. Canadian elm and birch were used for the frames of upholstered furniture. The furniture made at the Coombe factory was known worldwide. It was used to furnish the Canadian Government House in England, the MPPs chairs in Parliament and the Queens suite when she visited Charlottetown. In 1972 Coombe Furniture closed. Today there is a park situated where the company once stood on Huron Terrace Street across from the Kincardine Harbour.

Antique Furniture

robert klein