Antique Furniture/furniture question

name or code
name or code  
First of all thank you for your time!
This piece of furniture we believe is early 1900's. Sweet gum tree is believed to be the type of wood. We also found on the back of this piece a possible manufacturers name .... from what we could make out it said DEMILH7G?? We would like to know when it was made, who made it and an estimated cost. Once again thank you!

looks like birch an figured birch to me.  originally stained with a water based aniline dye to resemble mahogany.

1900-1910 as you suspect.

who made it, we will never know, the label is gone that is what was above the writing and there were about 5000 manufacturers in operation at the time.

the writing i cannot read from the photo but most likely is is a shipping destination.  you may have to use a uv light to read it and factor in the type of writing used back then.

if you would use the followup function and do a better picture of the writing it may help me.  try it straight on without the flash with raking light or only overhead light, might help.  post the picture right side up please so i dont get a crick in my neck  :)

it is a princess dresser and in such good condition it would sell in a shop at 450-475 easily.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.