Antique Furniture/John Colby & sons credenza

John Colby buffet
John Colby buffet  

Name Plate
Name Plate  
Hello - I have a John Colby & Son's Credenza or buffet
I am looking for an estimated value on this item. I believe it is form the 1940's
It is apox 3 feet deep at its deepest, and aprox 5 feet long

Hi Theresa,

Since there is many of this particular style of mahogany buffets coming out to the market
and with no serious buyers looking to purchase them, I place the value at $150. - $200.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.