Antique Furniture/Standardized Furniture Co.

Question
Table
Table  

Buffet
Buffet  
Mr Harrison,  I live in Québec and my english is not very good.  I bought recently a diner set and a buffet.  In the buffet, i can see a logo of Standardized Furniture Co, Grand Rapids, Michigan and on the back i can read this: 68 buffet toscan.  Under the table I can read: 68, table toscan.  What is the value and the year of this furniture.  The style is it really toscan?  Thank you very much for your work and for your answer.  Line Légaré

Answer
Dear Line,

The style of furniture that you have is typical for what was being produced back in
the 1920's in the United States to include the Grand Rapids, Michigan area which was
a center for furniture making.

Due to the style of this furniture there is not much demand which has kept the
prices suppressed. I value the table at $250. too $300. and the buffet server at
the same amount.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III