Antique Furniture/Standardized Furniture Co.

Mr Harrison,  I live in Québec and my english is not very good.  I bought recently a diner set and a buffet.  In the buffet, i can see a logo of Standardized Furniture Co, Grand Rapids, Michigan and on the back i can read this: 68 buffet toscan.  Under the table I can read: 68, table toscan.  What is the value and the year of this furniture.  The style is it really toscan?  Thank you very much for your work and for your answer.  Line Légaré

Dear Line,

The style of furniture that you have is typical for what was being produced back in
the 1920's in the United States to include the Grand Rapids, Michigan area which was
a center for furniture making.

Due to the style of this furniture there is not much demand which has kept the
prices suppressed. I value the table at $250. too $300. and the buffet server at
the same amount.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.