Antique Furniture/Antique Rocking Chair

Question
Chair
Chair  

Bottom of chair
Bottom of chair  
I was given this chair by my mother, who told me it originally belonged to her father.  She said it was in her family as long as she can remember! She was born in 1919, so I'm thinking the chair must be from late 1800's? What is the value and origin of this chair? The only label is on the leather seat bottom that says Busse Chair Seat.

Answer
the seat is a replacement as you can see the original seat was woven cane.

without a manufacturers label there is no way anyone can tell you the origin other than it was made in the USA around 1900.

the pictures are not clear nor close enough to determine the wood species.

a retail price would be around 250 in a shop

if you use the followup function and post a picture where i can see the actual wood grain i might be able to identify the species.

it would be referred to as a colonial revival sewing rocker or bedroom rocker.

Antique Furniture

robert klein