Antique Furniture/Ferguson two tier pie crust table

Do minor scratches bring down the value of the table, and if so, how much, or is there a way to remedy it?  How much is this table worth if I were to try to sell as is?

Hi Rebecca,

To answer your questions, If the scratches are very noticeable then they do take away
from the value, So does inadequate form.

I have attached as link for what a proper dumbwaiter should look like, since yours is
a poor example or one.

These tables were originally called Dumbwaiters and three tier and not two as your is.

Most of the furniture companies in this country took liberty with their own
interpretations of 18th century furniture since it made the pieces more affordable
to manufacture.

With todays more knowledgeable buyers, one looks for the better forms to purchase making
it more difficult to seller the lessor examples.

I value your example at $50. - 75.  

Best Wishes,
George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.