Antique Furniture/Queen Anne Kittinger desk

Kittinger ID
Kittinger ID  

Kittinger Queen Anne desk
Kittinger Queen Anne d  
Hello, I inherited the above desk from my mother in law, it was gifted to me in her will.I was going to update and paint it but after looking at it closer thought I better not. Is this an authentic Kittinger? If so from what time period and does it hold any monetary value? Where did originate? Are there very many of this style available? Thanks so much for your time and answer.

The desk is a Jacobean style kneehole desk. I am going to guess here that the dimensions are as follows. < H 28", L 40", D 21" > and that it is oak as most Jacobean style pieces were either oak or walnut.  I cannot see the wood grain in the photos.

style and label place this in the 1920s.  today it would sell in a shop at 450.  if it were sold by a reseller that specializes in Kittinger it would sell higher--as long as it has the original finish. it now wears the original finish and Kittinger made quality items. rope twist legs, molded drawers.  machine cut dovetails in the drawers.  

the label tells us where it originated and as to how many were ade that even Kittenger wont tell us.  I have found three online in a short time.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.