Antique Furniture/Throne-style chair

front view
front view  

closer view
closer view  
Do you think this is an antique?  If so, how much do you think this would be worth?

called a savonarola chair.   need to see a clear and in focus picture of underneath showing wood, not leather.

it appears to be more modern and an import although similar ones were made in oak and birch and mahogany in the late 1800s-1915s.

i sold one like this last year from Mexico that was about the same for 75$, but it was missing some carving and was loose.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.