Antique Furniture/Wood type and age

Front with doors closed
Front with doors close  

Doors open
Doors open  
I bought this piece the past weekend. I think the wood in the center of the doors is walnut but I don't know what the veneer wrapping around it is. I would also like to know the age and what it would actually be called (since we rarely use the real name of furniture any more). Is this a literal "chest of drawers"?
I have a few more questions about the wood on top and the two metal handles but I could only upload two pictures so I will probably have to do a follow up question.

Thank you!

Ps I notice your book quote about family heirlooms, right next to this piece is a chifferrobe that was from my great grandparents that my aunt painted gold with white crackle paint for my grandmother (the lacquer had blackened) and then no one wanted it, so I got it all the way back to the wood and use it to hold china and table linens. It's staying in the family for sure!

I need to see the outside of the side of one drawer where the side meets the front to help with age.

The veneer in the door panels and drawers is flame or crotch mahogany.  The pictures will have to be more focused and clear to tell the banding and interior drawers woods.

use the followup function for the additional pictures of the joints and grain and we will talk more.

probably have to do a couple of followups to keep the conversation together.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.