Antique Furniture/Bent & Bros Colonial Childrens Rocker

Question
Stamp
Stamp  

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
Good Morning. I recently aquired a Bent & Bros colonial rocking chair. It is small so I am assuming it was intended for a child. However I have tried finding out more information in regards to the chair and have come up empty handed. I searched many sites and photos and have been unable to find one similar. Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
s bent started in 1867 and closed in 2001.  it is said by others that they started using paper labels in the early 1900s but that is not accurate.  I have seen the burn branded mark as late as 1970 and have seen the burn with a paper label as well.

that being said, your rocker if a childs rocker would have the seat under 17 inches from the floor.  17 is the common height of standard chairs.  the slats in the back are a loose replication of the older Pennsylvania arrow back chair.

the company made colonial reproduction chairs of which yours is one manufactured around 1950-70.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein