Antique Furniture/Bent & Bros Colonial Childrens Rocker

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
Good Morning. I recently aquired a Bent & Bros colonial rocking chair. It is small so I am assuming it was intended for a child. However I have tried finding out more information in regards to the chair and have come up empty handed. I searched many sites and photos and have been unable to find one similar. Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

s bent started in 1867 and closed in 2001.  it is said by others that they started using paper labels in the early 1900s but that is not accurate.  I have seen the burn branded mark as late as 1970 and have seen the burn with a paper label as well.

that being said, your rocker if a childs rocker would have the seat under 17 inches from the floor.  17 is the common height of standard chairs.  the slats in the back are a loose replication of the older Pennsylvania arrow back chair.

the company made colonial reproduction chairs of which yours is one manufactured around 1950-70.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.