Antique Furniture/carpet platform rocker info

My wife inherited this rocker from her grandmother, but we do not know any history about the chair.  We have searched google and asume it is a platform rocker, but we haven't found any of this particular style.  I looked all over the chair, butdidn't find any markings.  I didn't remove the springs to look for markings.  we would like to know the age and value and any other information you can share will be apreiciated.

Thank You  

this is from around 1880.  wood is likely cherry, many were, or maple of sweet gum.  you can tell cherry and maple as if you look closely at the rounds you will find a row the length of the round that looks like crescents like parenthesis (and same size) in a lighter color in cherry and a darker color in maple with small dots in the row.

most were never marked with a manufacturers mark.

this is a nice one and if comfortable would sell in a shop at 250.

only use paste wax like johnsons follr paste wax or briwax on this ----no oils.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.