Antique Furniture/Chifferobe

My 77 yr old father has an antique chifforobe. He has had it for many years. He would like to know more about the piece, as well as get an estimated value on it. Thank you.

this is from the 1920s, the small door was called the hat box, and of course the long side was for hanging and often has a rod that extends from from to back, pulls out.

woos generally tulip poplar or sweet gum although i cannot tell from the photo.

looks like someone started to strip the long door.

retail in a shop it would sell around 100 due to the door being partly stripped.
completely stripped and finished properly it would sell at 350-400.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.