Antique Furniture/Heywood Wakefield Chair

Chair 1
Chair 1  

Under side
Under side  
Hello.  I found this chair at a consignment shop in Augusta, GA.  IT is stamped with the Heywood Wakefield Est. 1826  stamp under the seat.  I am just curious as to when it was made, what type of wood it could be and it's value.

HW used birch except in teh 'streamlined' line of furniture.

This chair is a copy of a braceback windsor chair.  HW began using the eagle trademark in 1946 and closed in 1979. the brand and designs were reused in 1992 by South Beach Furniture Co. of Miami Beach.

I place this chair in teh late 1940s.  unpainted and in original finish and condition it would sell at 150 tops.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.