Antique Furniture/Joerns Brothers Bedroom Set from 1940

QUESTION: I have a Joerns Brothers Bedroom Set.  The vanity dresser with mirror needs to be refinished.  This furniture has sentimental value. What is it's resale value? Is it worth refinishing and keeping?

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post a picture of the bed, thanks

QUESTION: What is the resale value of this Joerns Brothersbedroom set.  Is it worth refinishing and keeping?

There are several reasons why you would want to go ahead and spend the money to have this refinished. One is that it has sentimental value to you it's more important than money. Secondly it's well-made. In addition to that its well designed and built from quality hardwoods. To restore this you cannot buy even a good quality bed for the same money. The restoration by a competent and professional restore would cost in the neighborhood of $1800. You cannot buy a quality bedroom suit for that type money. I hope this is what you needed and it's been helpful. Thank you  

If you want to do something to enhance the visual look at the set at this time I highly recommend that you buy a furniture paste wax called Briwax. Wax the entire suit with this. Do not use any type oil on this or any other furniture for that matter. They contain mineral oil and silicone oil. These are called non-drying oils and mearly collect dust and other contaminants out of the air.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.