Antique Furniture/Kittinger Hutch/Buffet

I inherited a very beat-up Kittinger piece from my grandmother. I'm loathe to refinish it, as I'm sure that would drop its value. I would like to know what year it was built, how much it might be worth now, and how much if I refurbished it correctly (matching the wood and stain).

Hi Leah,

Your Kittinger Buffet was made around the late thirties to 1940.

Due to the bad condition and the cost to correctly restore the piece, which by the
way is not a desirable model, you would spend more money fixing it than what it would
be worth.

As is, I feel it has a value of less than $100. and restored around $500. The problem
is that it would cost at least that much to properly restore it and not worth the

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison IIIP  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.