Antique Furniture/Kittinger Hutch/Buffet

Question
Hutch
Hutch  

Hutch
Hutch  
I inherited a very beat-up Kittinger piece from my grandmother. I'm loathe to refinish it, as I'm sure that would drop its value. I would like to know what year it was built, how much it might be worth now, and how much if I refurbished it correctly (matching the wood and stain).

Answer
Hi Leah,

Your Kittinger Buffet was made around the late thirties to 1940.

Due to the bad condition and the cost to correctly restore the piece, which by the
way is not a desirable model, you would spend more money fixing it than what it would
be worth.

As is, I feel it has a value of less than $100. and restored around $500. The problem
is that it would cost at least that much to properly restore it and not worth the
effort.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison IIIP
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III