Antique Furniture/Mahogany Wood Dining Room Table & China Cabinet

Table Top
Table Top  

China Cabinet
China Cabinet  
Hello, I have a Mahogany dining room table and china cabinet. I believe they are from the 1940's and were built by Union Furniture Co. out of Rockford Ill. I have the protective covering for the table, which have helped keep the table top in incredible condition. I also have 3 leafs for the table as well. These were given to us by my mother-in-law and I'm looking to sell these since we are updating our kitchen. I have no idea or expertise in antique furniture and would appreciate any feed back on the current value of these pieces. Thank you.

Hi Josh,

It is my opinion that your pieces were made in the 1920's and not the 40's.

This particular style of furniture was long gone by the 1930's.

As for value, the china cabinet has a range of $500 - $600. The table  is
in the range of $600. - $800. and the chairs which do not appear to be of the same
quality are $25, - $30. each.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.