Antique Furniture/N&S Rocking Chair

Boston Rocker
Boston Rocker  

N&S label
N&S label  
I bought a rocking chair from an elderly man about 20 years ago. He told me that the chair was an antique and I paid him $100.00 for it. Can you tell me if it is an antique and how old it is? Thank you.

Hi Mark,

Your Rocking Chair is not an antique but is a stylized version of an antique Boston Rocker.

You can Google Boston Rocker and check out the photos to see the inspiration for your chair.

My feeling is that your chair was made in the 1960's and has a value of $50.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.