Antique Furniture/phoenix chair company

rocking chair
rocking chair  

old chair
old chair  
Found this rocking chair at a storage unit sale. i know about the history of the phoenix chair company (1895 - 1930).
I have a hard time pricing and dating furniture. no. 48 - 78 L

The second chair i have no clue what it is or value. if you could help me out i would be so grateful and i would feel that i learned a bunch.

the oak chair would be around 65 as shown, restored about 250-300 if done properly.  probably from 1900-1910

the Victorian parlor chair as it sits about 75-100 retail.  from 1880-1900.  these are usually walnut or tulip poplar stained walnut.  picture is not close enough to see the grain of the wood.

good find

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.