Antique Furniture/"Unique" Thomasville Dining Set

Ident number
Ident number  
My wife recently came into possession of this very interesting diningroom set while at an auction. The styling caught attention. After purchasing it, she discovered it was manufactured by thomasville. She has tried to find out more information about it, but it seems to be an enigma of sorts. I was hoping you could shed some light on this. It appears to be antique, and maybe a rarity. Does this set have value? What might it be worth? Any information on this mistery of ours would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hi Nate,

Due to the overwhelming amount of furniture that was produced in this country
there are no archives that shed light on your set. Old furniture companies did
not keep records of what they produced.  It has always been a build and sell

I can assume that you made the purchase at auction due to a low bid price.
The style which is not a good one dates to the 1950's to 1960's.

I place a value of $200. to $225. on the set.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.