Antique Furniture/"Unique" Thomasville Dining Set

Question
Set
Set  

Ident number
Ident number  
My wife recently came into possession of this very interesting diningroom set while at an auction. The styling caught attention. After purchasing it, she discovered it was manufactured by thomasville. She has tried to find out more information about it, but it seems to be an enigma of sorts. I was hoping you could shed some light on this. It appears to be antique, and maybe a rarity. Does this set have value? What might it be worth? Any information on this mistery of ours would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Answer
Hi Nate,

Due to the overwhelming amount of furniture that was produced in this country
there are no archives that shed light on your set. Old furniture companies did
not keep records of what they produced.  It has always been a build and sell
business.

I can assume that you made the purchase at auction due to a low bid price.
The style which is not a good one dates to the 1950's to 1960's.

I place a value of $200. to $225. on the set.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III