Antique Furniture/Chair?

Chair 1
Chair 1  

Chair 2
Chair 2  
I found this at Good Will. It was really beat up. It is all wood, it appears to have been repaired in a few places including the decorative piece at the top and the fabric was replaced. It has two stable feet and the two front are on casters. I can't locate a name on the piece anywhere and I am not sure where to look.

I am trying to establish the details of the chair, style, period, maker and value. Can you help me with this?

This is an eastlake victorian parlor or dining chair.  If there are castors then it would be a parlor chair, sometimes four casters sometimes only on the two front legs.  This I dont know to be fact, meaning about castors making it a parlor chair but in my experience, i cannot remember casters on dining chairs during the time period. or earlier or even later until modern times.  the wood might be walnut as that was the dominant wood of victorian furniture.  However, often we find tulip poplar or sweet gum used then stained to a walnut color.  I would have to see a close picture of the wood grain to determine for sure which might be difficult as the old finish has darkened considerably.

these do not sell high but if it were in top condition, tight and waxed looking good it would sell in a shop at 250-450.

hope thsi is what you needed  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.