Antique Furniture/Coffee Table with flip sides

Question
Captain\'s Table
Captain's Table  

Label
Label  
I have a coffee type table that was given to my father by his aunt from Elk City Oklahoma in about 1965. It has a label on the bottom that says "Ferguson Quality Furniture". I think it is walnut. It is oval in shape and all four sides have hinged flaps. My parents always referred to it as a "captain's table". I am interested in knowing what year it was made and what the value might be. It is in excellent condition.

Answer
I cant see the wood grain so I cant affirm or deny your wood identification.
Ferguson Brothers Manufacturing Company was founded 1878 in New York City. Was a wholesale manufacturer of furniture and accessories located in Hoboken from 1900 until the business closed in 1945.

this is called a butlers table.  the tray usually lifts off but not always.
Prices vary from 200-600 but they sell at 450.

As to the age. Tables like these were popular from the late 1920s into the 1970s.  I believe yours to be made from 1920-1940.

Hope this helps.

Antique Furniture

robert klein