Antique Furniture/Coffee Table with flip sides

Captain\'s Table
Captain's Table  

I have a coffee type table that was given to my father by his aunt from Elk City Oklahoma in about 1965. It has a label on the bottom that says "Ferguson Quality Furniture". I think it is walnut. It is oval in shape and all four sides have hinged flaps. My parents always referred to it as a "captain's table". I am interested in knowing what year it was made and what the value might be. It is in excellent condition.

I cant see the wood grain so I cant affirm or deny your wood identification.
Ferguson Brothers Manufacturing Company was founded 1878 in New York City. Was a wholesale manufacturer of furniture and accessories located in Hoboken from 1900 until the business closed in 1945.

this is called a butlers table.  the tray usually lifts off but not always.
Prices vary from 200-600 but they sell at 450.

As to the age. Tables like these were popular from the late 1920s into the 1970s.  I believe yours to be made from 1920-1940.

Hope this helps.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.