Antique Furniture/Dressing table or vanity

Hi!  First of all....I am not even sure what to call this piece.  Inherited from my dad, who bought it an estate sale in WA 20 years ago.  Do you have any info as to the name, wood, age, style, and value for me?  It also came with this stool that had a tag reading 'Harper furniture, Lenoir North Carolina'.  I don't know if it goes together as a set or not.  Any info would be deeply appreciated!  Thank you!

Hi Donna,

Your Ladies Vanity appears to have been manufactured in the 1910 to 1920's, Due to the quality
of the photography my feeling is that it is made out of Mahogany.
I would place a value of $350. to $375. for both pieces.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.