Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe Style Table

Question
Duncan Phyfe Table
Duncan Phyfe Table  

Table / Chairs
Table / Chairs  
We purchased this table and chairs at an estate auction and were wondering the value and if possible the manufacturer of the table and chairs.

There are no identifying marks on the underside of the table or chairs.  There is a four digit number stamped in black on the underside of the table but unfortunately one of the numbers is over a knothole.  It looks like 6?59.  

The table is 29-3/4" tall and 40" wide.  With the sides collapsed it is 26-1/2" long and with the sides up it's 62" long.  There are two leafs that are 11-1/4 long so with all leafs installed it would be a total of 85" long.  

The claws on the feet are metal.  To us it looks like that table was assembled with some wooden dowels in the feet/base but there are metal hinges and hardware as well on the drop down leafs. The top of the table seems to have some cracking in the veneer/finish.

The chairs seem more petite than other dining chairs.  The picture I included has a chair from another table manufactured by Ethan Allen that we purchased that shows the scale of the Lyre backed chairs purchased with the table in question.

The seat of the chairs appear to be needlepoint and the backgrounds are in the shades of yellow, green and cream.  

They are 16" wide and 16" deep.  From the floor the seat is 17'1/2" tall and the overall height of the chair is 33".

We purchased the chairs and table for $75 with the intention of reselling them.  We just want to make sure that if the table has some value we sell it to someone who will appreciate and cherish the pieces.

Answer
These duncan phyfe or sheraton style tables were made teh the hundreds of thousands because of the classic style.

The lyre back chairs are appropriate and desirable for this table.

retail this would sell table and 6 chairs at 450-500 minimum in a shop depending on the condition.  

wax with antique mahogany color Briwax, no oils please.

hope this is what you needed.

from 1920-40s.  mahogany veneer top.  rest probably sweet gum wood stained with water based dye to match.

Antique Furniture

robert klein