Antique Furniture/Gate leg drop leaf table Goshen IN novelty furn & lamp

Table 1
Table 1  

Table open
Table open  
Looking for age, value, wood type etc for an antique drop leaf gate leg table from Novelty Furniture and Lamp in Goshen in.
It measures 35 x 53 w both leaves extended. With both leaves down it measures 35 x 12 1/2".
It is 30" tall. It has prior repair to cracked wood along one leaf and at 2 of the 4 hinges .

Hi Charlene,

Your table was most likely built in the 1930's. The wood appears to be Mahogany
and the value due to a crack in the leaf and the quality of repair puts it at
$75. to $125.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.