Antique Furniture/Information on Hale chair

I inherited two of these chairs from an elderly friend. I would like to know about their age, what type of wood, what type of chair (dining/vanity) and whether their value would warrant being restored please. There is a book on the maker I believe: "Hale of Vermont: The Story of a Green Mountain Furniture Maker".

Thanks very much

ANSWER: I need to know exactly what the label says.  There were two Hale companies.
or if you could do a better photo of the label so i can see it all.
I just cannot read the top line after the word Hale.
use the followup function please.

Close up
Close up  
QUESTION: Thanks for your reply. The label is very dark and that's the best photo I can do sorry. The Label says

Manufacturers of Hale Chairs

No.__________________ (nothing written)

From what I have looked at I think it's the company that is out of business, rather than the one that is still trading (F. E Hale Manufacturing).

I added a closer image of the back for fun.

These are oak and quartersawn oak!

nice dining chairs.

made around 1900.

you have two choices to make them pretty.  first i would buy some briwax in an oak color and wax the chairs, at least three times.  this will revive the old finish.  live with them a few weeks before doing anything else.  if you dont like them then have them refinished but the restorer must use a penetrating oil stain like Mohawk Penetrating oil stain in the brown mahogany color.  this will make them look like they should  but--i think you will like the waxing.  if they use a pigmented stain or a water based stain they will not look right.

as they sit the value is not high but they came to you from a friend so that means a lot.  retail redone aobut 100 each if the cane is good.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.