Antique Furniture/Kindel

Question
Kindel dresser
Kindel dresser  

Mark inside dresser drawer
Mark inside dresser dr  
Hi George
I purchased the dresser/chest  a couple years ago, at the time it was painted yellow. I refinished it stripping it of the paint.
I know that the hardware is not original and I did send pictures to the Kindell company to see if they could give me any information about the piece but I never heard back from them. The back the dresser is a number 135/5 Oxford. The jewelry tray has a Kindel label with certificate number 15806, not sure if this tell anything.
Any information you can supply is appreciated.
Thank you
Teresa

Answer
Hi Teresa,

Your Kindel Chest on Chest was made in the early 1940's. Obviously the handle pulls are an incorrect style. They should be in the Chippendale style.
As for a value, this chest is not the caliber of the Kindel Winterthur examples which
most buyers are in search of. I place a value of $325. to $375.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III