Antique Furniture/Old furniture

Makers Mark
Makers Mark  
Some years ago, we purchased a second home. The home came “as is” with all of the furniture. There are many pieces that we think date back many years. The table shown is part of a dining room set which includes the tabIe with two leaves, 8 matching chairs, a circular 24” table (there is a cardboard cover for a picture on this table), a serving table, and a side board. All of the pieces are in excelent condition with the original finish and all of the hardware. We have the keys to the serving table and the side board. I have also included the “Makers Mark” from the leg of the table. It is difficult read but says “Imperial Grand Rapids Mich.”. I understand that you do estimations of old furniture. Can you help?

Hi Patrick,

While there are no archival files for your make of furniture I can tell you
that based on the style they were made in the 1920's.
As a set your pieces are valued in the range of $1,000. to $1,250.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.