Antique Furniture/Refinishing kittinger dining chairs

Question
After looking for almost 10 years I have an opportunity to supplement my kittinger dining chairs And have been offered to have them refinished to match my current open pore dark heirloom pieces by "a former kittinger craftsman." Since these chairs are very difficult to find, should I go ahead? The offer is from a company that specializes in Kittinger.

Answer
Hi Louise,

After dealing in Kittinger furniture for over 40 year I can tell you that refinishing their furniture is a true task. Since I do not know the person you will be using it would be
difficult for me to give you my expert opinion. Many companies claim to be experts in
refinishing when they really are not.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III