Antique Furniture/Tomlinson Chair Mfg Company piece

Question
Tomlinson bench
Tomlinson bench  
Label
Label  
QUESTION: Hello - I purchased a TCMC piece at a tag sale for $30. I'm familiar with the company history, however I can't tell if this piece is supposed to be a buffet, bench, credenza or ?? It is 60 inches wide, 22 inches deep and 22 inches high; 2 wide drawers on each side separated by a cabinet door in the middle. It looks like the back edge had decorative trim about an inch wide at one time, but it is now missing. It has beautiful turned wooden feet and carved detailed trim across the bottom. The wood appears to be walnut species and it could be the original finish (I'm no expert). I'm interested to know the approximate value and your best guess as to what type of furniture piece that it could be. Thank you!!

ANSWER: i need more pictures, one of the outside of the side of the drawer where the side meets the front and another of the hole the drawer comes out of.

use the followup function to post more pics.

thanks

yes, walnut.

Side of drawer
Side of drawer  

Inside drawer
Inside drawer  
QUESTION: Here you go. Thanks for your help!

Answer
I know you have some company information I just can't help myself here is some more.In 1900, Sidney Halstead Tomlinson founded Tomlinson Chair Manufacturing Co. in High Point, N.C. The company became Tomlinson of High Point, Inc., in 1934. By the 1960s, the company manufactured dining room, bedroom, living room, occasional, and upholstered wood furniture. Chiefly auditors' reports, insurance summaries and appraisals, inventories, product catalogs, account books, and minutes of stockholders and board of directors meetings of Tomlinson of High Point, Incorporated. The records chiefly trace the financial development of the company from about 1920 through the 1960s, with only sparse earlier documentation. A 1946 speech to workers by a company official who argued against unionization is included.

At first I thought this might of been a cut down sideboard/buffet but I see that it is not. it is a window seat or a window bench and it did it one time have or should've had a piece across the back. it may or may not of had a cushion on it but it is the correct height for a window bench.

Because of the condition I would say that in a shop this would be priced complete cleaned and waxed at 350 to 375 more in a high-end store.
Thank you hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein